You know those times when you try to create a recipe from scratch and it’s an epic fail?! Yeah, I can relate. But then you have those times where you just throw a bunch of ingredients together and it ends up being a master piece.
I always say some of the best (and worst) recipes come from the heart 😉 Because let’s be honest, we don’t always have success in the kitchen.
However, this one is a winner and that’s why I am sharing it with you today.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also made with real whole ingredients that are good for you. Not just that, but the sauce is simple and contains only 5 ingredients. I always feel overwhelmed when some recipes have over 10 ingredients. Which is why when I create a recipe, I like to keep it simple and fast. Because let’s be honest, nobody likes to wait an hour for their food to be ready 😉
Green Goddess Pasta
- 12 oz pasta (penne, spaghetti, etc.)
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp basil, dried (or sub 1/2 cup fresh)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling water, add your pasta and cook according to package directions.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, zucchini, garlic, basil, lemon juice and olive oil. With the motor running in your blender or food processor, add your water until smooth and at a desirable consistency. (I prefer mine on the thinner side, so it mixes easily with the pasta).
- In a large bowl combine pasta, avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes and beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
So amazing! I used Trader Joe’s Red Lentil Pasta for an extra boost of protein!